One of the first places I wanted to visit when I returned to Germany was Rothenburg. It is by far one of my favorite places in the country. Anyone who visits will certainly be forced to go because it is filled with an amazing history and picturesque views with every turn of the cobblestone streets.
Schneeballen are everywhere in Rothenberg. It is basically just fried dough covered in sugar or chocolate but so pretty!
Our friends who remained here in Germany have been raving about a newly found pizza place. So, when we had a rental car we went to see what all the talk was about. Not only was the pizza the "best pizza" as it as been rightfully coined, but the owner is extremely hospitable. He showed us the book that holds every family members' name who has ever lived in his 650 year-old house, he took us on a tour of his home, and he showed us his two cars; one of which he built, raced, and won over 300+ trophies with.
I found out that they ONLY serve pizza. Nothing else. Well, besides drinks, but the sweet owner had his wife mix a bunch of picked vegetables they had in their home kitchen when I asked for a salad.
Here I am at the German grocery store, Kaufland, where I found Doritos called "Cool American" instead of "Cool Ranch".
Some of our friends (Petra and Thorston) invited us to see their friend's country band play at a farm festival. It was like stepping into a county fair back home. I was shocked at how good the band was! Geoff and I couldn't help but laugh at some of our favorite songs sung with a German accent. It was great. There were even line dancers!
One of my favorite things about Germany is all the flower fields in which you can pick your own flowers and pay according; all this is done on the honor system. Some of you may remember a post on this a few years ago while my parents were visiting. This field is just outside our new post.
My arrangement:
And the flower Geoff picked for me:
Last weekend we went to a Kirchweih which is a celebration of when the town's church was established.
German Country Video
2 comments:
Awesome pictures... wish I was there with you!!!!!!!!!
Come baaaaaaack!
Post a Comment