Once again I have been stealing ideas from decorating and crafty blogs. Here are some of my latest attempts to be like Martha Stewart. I think she would be proud.
I bought a collection of frames from the post thrift store ($5), removed all the pictures, glass, and hardware then spray painted them a light blue.
Here they are on a wall:
Floh-, Antik- und Trödelmärkte
Recently, I found a metal milk jug for 15 Euro, which with today's sad exchange rate it was probably about $25-$30. It was decorated with a very traditional Bavarian pattern (most of the old milk jugs we've seen have the same type of design).
Here is a picture of the milk jug before:
and after:
The milk jug is sitting outside our front door. Eventually I want to paint a W on it, but this will suffice for now.
We (Lyndsay and I) also took a trip to the large American Army post which has a large PX, commissary, craft store, and lots of good American fast food-well, good when you have been out of the States for a few months, you begin to miss things like Taco Bell, Starbucks, Popeye's, and Pizza Hut. Anyway, on the way to our adventure, we saw this sign and had to take a picture because it is just so funny to see on your way to shop:
No comments:
Post a Comment