Sunday, November 06, 2011

Mykonos

I thought Santorini would be impossible to top, but I was very wrong.  I actually can't decide which island I loved more.


People brought their fish straight off the boat to be weight and cleaned.

This guy was all over the island.  You'll see him again later...



Windmills used to grind grains-more later.





Awkward picture-we both had cameras in our hands that we were trying to hide.

Our first lunch

More Ozo, of course.

I hate that stuff.

Stuffed grape leaves

Fried calamari and some kind of whole fish.  The entire fish.  
















There aren't many vehicles on the island.  People mainly drove motorcycles but some packed their pickup trucks like this person.  Notice the eggs on the left side, close to the window.  








A man making a fishing net




Our second lunch.  Geoff's beer and my strong iced coffee

My Greek Salad- notice there's no lettuce like in we get in the U.S.

More grape leaves

I went to use the restroom in our restaurant and found these guys inside.  

When they got their fill in this restaurant they made their way to another.  

Fish sitting in ice outside a restaurant











Our dinner-more calamari 

Baked feta cheese

Hummus 

We ate so much, I really can't remember what this is.

So true.


More Ozo 












For my mom


A few months ago I was cleaning out my jewelry box and found a charm that Jeremy had given me for my 16th birthday.  I thought I had left it in my hope chest that was put into storage before we moved to Germany last year, but thankfully it was with me.  Jeremy has Greek heritage so I knew he would be so excited that Geoff and I were able to go.  He was always so happy when we got to do anything outside of the norm, but I know he would have been especially excited for us for this trip.  I took the charm he bought so many years ago with me and found a beautiful beach to take a picture of the charm on the dark sand.  I said a silent prayer to him and hope more than anything that he was able to hear me.  
The charm says, "I will never stop loving you".  

2 comments:

smjohnson said...

Tears for the end. I love you, sweet Jen

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Makes me want to go RIGHT NOW. :)

I especially loved the ending...I KNOW he heard you. I'm going to go cry now...