Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tennessee Trip

In honor of Geoff's grandmamma, his family gets together in early August for a small gathering. This summer was the first time we were able to make it. Mike, Lisa and Sophia also made- the what should have been short-trip up. Geoff's Aunt Bonnie gave us her entire house for the weekend (thanks Aunt Bonnie), where we lounged by the pool and spent lots of quality time together.


Each trip to Tennessee demands a trip to Big Ed's, a local pizza joint the Winsbro family has frequented for decades. This was Sophia's first visit and I would dare to say she is as big of a fan as the rest of us!



As we were waiting to leave, Uncle Geoff tried teach Sophia to say "go Bulls!" and make the hand signal. She looked at him for a split second and tried to mimic his hand. Of course, this was the only time she did it the entire trip. Thankfully I caught it the first time.









Ohh that face!

To commemorate Sophia's first visit, Aunt Bonnie bought her a Big Ed's t-shirt.

The second day in Tennessee was the day at Grandaddy's.

Lisa, Sophia and I Cousins-Berkley, Geoff, Avery and Mike


Geoff, Reef and I walked over to the "community lot" to watch the sun set from the dock.

Below is a video of Sophia dancing to "If Your Happy and You Know it". I can't figure out how to turn in the correct way, but I wanted to put this in the blog. Just turn your head, its worth it.




Saying goodbye to Grandaddy


Priceless

No comments: