Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Name: Lucky
Nicknames: Lucky Star, Luck, Lucky Bear
Born: June, 2001
Place of Birth: Killeen, Texas
Favorite Foods: tuna, chicken, milk
, and cat treats
Favorite Hobbies: sleeping,sun bathing, rolling on warm concrete, watching birds, tormenting
Dislikes: vacuums, being disturbed and other cats

Lucky came to the animal shelter I worked at on my birthday in 2002. A man found him wandering the streets and decided to take him home to his other cat. Many stitches and a large vet bill later, Lucky was turned into the shelter for beating up the other cat. He spent many weeks in quarantine for various illnesses. He would stick his paw out of the cage when anyone would walk past trying to get attention. When someone took him out he would nibble on their chin which should have been a warning, but I thought it was sweet.


Name: Reef
Nicknames: Reef Beef, Reefy Beefy, The Beef, Reefy Beefy Hamburger...just to name a few Born: November 2001 Place of Birth: Killeen, Texas Favorite Food: Cheese (thanks to his Grandma Kay), apples, Cheweeze, and anything else out of human hands
Favorite Hobbies: lounging on the couch, chasing squirrels, birds, and anything else that will run, catching and chewing tennis balls, long walks, chasing helicopters, car rides and watching animals on t.v.
Dislikes:
rain, baths, fast moving bikes, motorcycles, sleds, and toenail trims



While I was working at an animal shelter in Killeen, a woman called to ask if anyone was interested in a Doberman puppy that she no longer wanted. My friend and coworker, who already had a Doberman, instantly agreed to meet the woman at PetSmart. She took him home, trained him, had his ears cropped, neutered him, and gave him all his shots. Then, she gave him to me.















I have always loved old bottles and a few years ago my grandpa gave me some of his collection. I do not know the bottles' histories, but I love them just the same because they came from my grandpa...and they are just so pretty!


No comments: