We moved to Florida from Michigan when I was only a year old, yet Michigan always feels like home; no matter how long I have been away. I am sure most of that has to do with my grandparents. "Gram's" is the place where you are fed your favorite food (that you only mentioned you liked once) until you have to unbutton your pants, and then your fed some more. I have a million memories of this house and being with those that I love the most. I am taken back there in an instant with smells of fabric softener, Dove bar soap, fresh cut wood, fried apples, chocolate milk, and cigar smoke. With our move back to Germany, I don't know when I will get the chance to go back, but I think I have enough great memories to tide me over for a little while.Gram's Fuchsia Plant
Michael helping Kaden get the best cherries.
Mackenna, Kaden and Grampa picking cherries.
Home Run Derby

Each time my brother and my cousins (Jeffrey and Travis) get together you can guarantee there is going to be Home Run Derby in my grandparent's backyard.












No comments:
Post a Comment