Just a quick post to let you know that I made it to Germany! I flew Friday night and arrived in Frankfurt at 8:30a.m. (2:30a.m. eastern). The flight was the best yet, thanks to my new little friend, Xanax; I was able to sleep for all but two hours of the almost 8 hour flight. It was another 3 hour drive from the airport to our new little town of Katterbach. Our house is a two bedroom, one bath apartment. We are the first to live in it since it has been renovated. While I really wanted to live off-post, I am very excited about this place. It has plenty of room for our little family, tons of storage, and a washer and dryer in the unit-what more could a girl ask for?!
I am sad to tell you that Reef Beef and Lucky were not able to make trip with me. They were supposed to, but due to some incompetence by the airline company, they had to stay behind. My mom and Aunt Chrissy drove to Virginia to get them and I am making arrangements-again- for the quickest flight to Germany. This isn’t truly home until they are here with us. -Update- they should arrive tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers and toes crossed that everything goes okay and they are able to fly.
I will post pictures of the apartment as soon as I get this place straightened up a little bit. I came in like a tornado and dismantled all my stuff, plus the 5+ boxes I sen,t so things need to be made-over before I let you see. For now there, here is a picture of the front of our building. We are on the third floor, to the right of the stairwell. Our apartment spans from the stairwell to the line down the center (3 windows). The window with the fan is our bedroom window.
1 comment:
The roses are so sweet! I didn't even realize it was a mop bucket until you mentioned it!
I can't wait to come visit!!
xoxo
Post a Comment